- MDWC member Danny Conley celebrates with his Chaminade coach after winning the 2017 Missouri Class 4 State Wrestling Championship at 220 lbs.
Danny Conley, junior, Chaminade - A sixth-place finisher in Class 3 as a sophomore, Conley (49-1) stepped up to Class 4 and also made a late-season move from 195 to 220 that resulted in a Class 4 championship when he knocked off Howell Central's Jackson Berck, a 2016 champ, 2-1 in a tiebreaker.
- Matthew Wilke, senior, McCluer North - After runner-up Class 4 finish, Stars' heavyweight is off to Briar Cliff University in Iowa.
- MDWC member Shyne Tucker with Wrestling Legend Lee Kemp at the 2017 Shoolboy Nationals in Atlanta GA.
- Shyne Tucker and team MO working out at the University of Tennessee Chattanooga.
- Coach Furnace was selected to coach for the MO schoolboy National team in Atlanta GA posing with son Shyne who also made his first National Team appearance.
- Furnace kids at MDWC second annual National Team Car wash.
- MDWC at the second annual National Team Car wash. MDWC and friends raised enough money to support three of our athletes on their journeys to national prominence. Matt Wilkie, Paige Faulkner, and Shyne Tucker.
- MDWC past, present and future!
Coach Furnace with MDWC alums Xen Austin (NWCA All American), Demetrius Thomas (NAIA National Champion), Julian Smith (NCWA National Champion, 2X NCAA All American, NCAA National Finalist) Tim Jackson (MMA Rising Star).
- These gentlemen came back to give back to our youth.
- MDWC Alum and NCAA wrestler Alan Person coaching the good guys.
- World class coaches Tony Jenkins- Harris and Jay Ruttlin focused on victory at the 2017 MO Freestyle and Greco Roman State Championships in Sedelia, MO.
- Visit from wrestlers and coaches from Lindenwood University Belleville.
- Danny Conley 2017 class 4 220 lbs. state champion. Also MDWC family member Cortez Woods earned a 4th place finish.
- MDWC with club founder Kirwyn Adderley and 2017 Florida State champions, Dr. Phillips High School girls’ wrestling team.
- MDWC youth USA wrestling state qualifiers and coaches.
- Shyne Tucker 2017 AAU state champion.
- MDWC takes a 3rd place finish at the 2016 Jazz Town Duels in New Orleans LA.
- MDWC Wrestler competes for team MO at the 2016 East West all Star meet vs team Illinois. Lawrence Woods, Efe Osaghe and Caylon Barton.
2013 State Wrestling Results
State Placing Match ups
MD Wrestlers Shine on The Field
McCluer North / Coach Lapinski
Julian Smith NCWA National Champion
Julian Smith Wins NCWA National Title!
- Congratulations to MDWC alum and volunteer, Julian Smith of McKendree University, for earning his first All-American honor by winning the NCWA National Tournament in the 197lbs class and lead his team to a runner-up team finish.
MDWC Gives Back!
- Thanks to the kind and giving hearts of the members and staff of MD, we were able to present a donation to the food bank of Kingdom House in St. Louis City. Kingdom House does great work, providing activities and services for the poor and homeless community of St. Louis City. MD will be holding its team service day at Kingdom House on June 1, 2013. To learn more about the services of Kingdom House, please visit their site at www.kingdomhouse.org.
"The Decision" Makes Early Impact
- MDWC launched "The Decision" program on March 27, 2013. "The Decision" is a Christian faith-based program geared to strengthen athletes spiritually and physically. Our athletes engaged in open conversation, heard from experienced adults and were challenged by Coach Furnace's training circuit. Each week is different but the outcome is the same. You will get better!
- "The Decision program is such a great thing. Personally, it makes me feel good that I have coaches who actually care. Thank you 1000x!"
-Ebony Brown, Hazelwood East High School
Darrell Pampkin, STL Today Athlete of The Week
Coach Jake Lapinski / Major Decision Wrestling